How do I decide on a Bachelor of Arts Honours major?
A great place to start is thinking about what you enjoy and aligning it to what you’re passionate about with a degree. Identifying what you love naturally lends itself to your strengths in Arts and Humanities which can make choosing a BA Honours major not only less stressful, but exciting. Visualise your goals, what you want to achieve and how you see your future career playing out.
The best thing about UniSQ is that we’re pretty flexible when it comes to changing your mind. If you commence a Bachelor of Arts Honours and after a semester decide you want to change majors, that’s ok. Our iconnect team can chat through your options.
At UniSQ You can choose from several specialisations including:
- Anthropology - Learn how to become a professional anthropologist, equipped to address some of the world’s most pressing social issues, such as cultural conflict, discrimination, food security and social inequality.
- Contemporary Media Studies - Gain an in-depth understanding of how language, film, television, culture, social media and mass communication dynamically shapes our lives.
- Creative & Critical Writing - When you study a Bachelor of Arts Honours majoring in Creative & Critical Writing, you will extend and deepen your skillset as a creative writer and prepare for future study in a postgraduate research degree.
- English Literature - Learn specialised BA Honours skills in literature, extending your capacity to research and analyse.
- History - Develop your capacity for specialised study and tailor your learning journey by completing a dissertation under supervision in an area of your interest.
- International Relations - Explore both traditional theories of International Relations and the emerging field of Human Security.
- Journalism Studies - A Bachelor of Arts Honours Journalism major allows you to enhance your knowledge by extending your Journalism studies into a fourth year as opposed to a 3-year bachelor qualification.
- Public Relations Studies - Focus your research on your chosen Public Relations area of interest and learn how strategic communication and publicity can have lasting impacts on a business.
- Social Justice Studies - Deepen your understanding of fairness, equality, and human rights and become prepared for careers in government, non-government agencies or the private sector.